Sunday, March 2, 2008

I slipped and fell on the ice last night and hit my head pretty hard. It's still is throbbing. Is that bad? I think I'll be okay (famous last words). 

Tempel Farms hosted a Conrad Schumacher clinic this week, and, seeing as we couldnt ride during it, I got to audit a good deal. He reminds me so much of Hans. I almost got the nerve to ask him if he knew Hans, which I'm sure he does, but I chickened out. Good old german system. Never fails. So much caring for the horse. So much patience and attention to the horses over all mental health. So much bending, suppling, relaxing, and creating horses that are really round through their bodies. The picture then becomes soft and elegant, like art. Dressage is so beautiful. In watching the clinic I was reminded of the fact that dressage is so much about feeling and awareness and subtlety.  It is so soft and delicate. There is something so much deeper involved in dressage than simply riding a movement. It requires so much wisdom and understanding. It's beauty lies in it's complexity and yet it's simplicity. At it's root is a language so quiet and unspoken, but so easily understood. Suddenly I find myself enveloped by it, trying to make sense of everything I can, and marveling at what there is to discover. I love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy
Just wanted you to know we saw your mom Saturday at the Frostbite show. It was nice to see her again. We're thinking of you. LW

Anonymous said...

yay come home!

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy!So glad you are coming to visit! You have some new horses to meet at Hearthstone and Rokky will be very happy to see you.The humans here can't wait to see you too:)
Have a safe trip home,
Charla