Hey guess what I'm updating my blog! No applause is necessary.....okay, maybe it is...
Geeze Louise. I haven't updated in a while. Where do I even begin....
Show season started here around the middle of May, just around when I put up my last post. I've been able to groom at several shows since then and have realized just how much fun being a groom is when there is no pressure of showing yourself. Its also been fun watching all the different dressage people up here that I had no idea existed compete and show. It's so weird not knowing any of them. I got to groom for Jochen and his wife at a big CDI at Lamplight Equestrian Center. That was a blast. I've never had more fun working so hard. It was a beautiful facility with all outdoor arenas and the weather was simply perfect. The sun was out and brilliant and the horses were nice and fresh.
I got to come visit Houston the last weekend of May- for my birthday! That was nice, and too short. When I got back I somehow managed to break my foot while taking luggage out of the back of my truck. Unfortunate. After 2 weeks it was still hurting real bad so I finally went to the doctor and have the X-Rays to prove it. I didn't get a cast but just wrapped it and have kept working all the same, only I had a really bad limp. I think it's getting better now.
The week after I got back from Houston Tempel Farms hosted a huge dressage show. The weather was horrible. 2 days in a row we had tornado warnings. It was a 3 day show (Fri-Sun). Us working students were in charge of grooming for all the clients and for Jochen and his wife. Me and my friend Andreanna Stucker, a former young rider for region 9, also braided for all the clients and Lipizzans going in the show. Saturday night we put on a performance for the competitors and their families. It was a busy show. I also competed Caruso in it- 3rd 3 and 4th level test 1. We did okay, but it was really just too busy and hectic.
About 2 weeks ago we started performance season. We put on 2 shows a week that are open to the public and we will do so until the end of August. It's pretty crazy. The show is one and a half hours long and features segments like carriage driving, mares and foals, young stallions, a Pas de Trios, a grand prix exhibition with Jochen, airs above the ground, long rein, and a quadrille. If you want to come up and see me I can tell them you are members of my family and you can get in free! I am riding in the young stallions and Pas de Trios and then I am doing the levade in hand during the Airs segment. Check it out.
So now you are semi updated on my life. I really have been just so busy but I really should make time to update more frequently.
On another note I have been keeping up with the US Olympic trials in California. It looks like the team will be Steffen Peters, Debbie McDonald, and Courtney King-Dye. They are the best of the best! GO team USA! Also, some very, very, very wonderful person posted a portion of the trials on my dear friend YouTube. Here are Steffen, Debbie, and Courtney.
No comments:
Post a Comment