Our performance season here at Tempel Farms is officially half over. This past weekend we celebrated 50 years since the Lipizzans made their way from Europe to Tempel Farms. We had a huge party and an elaborate performance with all the same elements including a 6 horse quadrille. It was went really well.
My dear Caruso and I are doing just fine. Slowly but surely everything is getting better, more confirmed, and more reliable. It always fascinates me how there is endless room for improvement. I will be slowly chipping away at problems for the rest of my life. Forever-and ever. But I will still improve and still get better.
I love dressage. There is just so much too it. It requires such a mental, physical and emotional strength. Simply riding by the book can only get you so far. There is so much feel involved and so much sympathy and fairness. They deserve kindness. I love kids and it always surprises me how much similarities I find between the two. They are so fun loving but sometimes they need discipline, but that doesn't necessarily mean they hate you for it. As you grow with them they learn to respect it, to respect you. Ultimately I want the horse to respect me just as much as I respect it. And that is beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment