Sunday, February 15, 2009

The snow has melted! Surely that means spring is almost here! right?

right?

The weather really has been absolutely wonderful. It's so nice to have a break from the horrible cold. It's been in the 20's and 30's but one day it got up into the 50's!!! That's practically swimsuit weather. Sad, I know, but, it has been a wonderful change. It reminds me how much I love the spring and the summer and the fall. It puts me in such a good mood just thinking about it. It serves as a reminder that there is reason to hold on and wait for better days, because they are most certainly coming. The metaphor of our lives.

I've been here trucking along as usual; riding a lot and trying my hardest. Jochen has been hopping on Caruso whenever he can to try and get his flying changes better. I think Caruso is getting the idea. Then I just need to figure out how to do it on him. It's so weird because I've always been really confidant in my riding even when I know I have so much more to learn. It's the single most thing I'm good at. This is the first time in a long time, if not ever, that I've felt completely helpless, like I know absolutely nothing and am totally beyond help. I'm stuck and it sucks. Oh well. Im not the only one who's ever felt this way and I know better days are most certainly coming. It's just a weird place to be in. So, anyways, I am so grateful to Jochen for getting on Caruso because what we've been doing hasn't been working.

Can I just say that I would be 10 times more unhappy if Caruso wasn't so damn friendly? He is honestly the sweetest, funniest thing I have ever met. I pray to God that I can afford to keep him forever. I know it's everyone's dream but he is going to be SO happy being retired and old and spoiled it's insane.    

1 comment:

Andy said...

Thanks jenny from the block!