So I'm back in Houston. Trying to figure out what to do next. How to do it. If it's worth it. If I'm wasting time. If I can even make it. What's the logical next step...
I drove 19.5 hours straight from Tempel to Houston about one and a half weeks ago. I have never been more happy to leave a place in my life. I listened to "Free" by Destiny's Child on repeat the whole way. I must've heard it a hundred times. It's a good song.
Ain't no feeling like being free........
1 comment:
Dear Andy,
You have had a most wonderful and unique opportunity but it is time to move on and continue your journey to adulthood. You are a very smart and capable young man. Go to college or vocational school and earn a marketable degree for which you can financially support yourself. For now, keep the horses as a sideline business or hobby. It will be difficult I know, especially for those of us who live almost exclusively for our equine brethen. However, Life is full of setbacks and disappointments...your strength of character will carry you through this. Many of us are not as fortunate as you to have such a gift. Sometimes, as you get much older, Life is just trying to get through a single day -- just a single hour by a single hour. Some of us have developed great difficulty in dealing with setbacks.
Conversely, you have great strength and youth in your favor. Go for it. I have watched you grow up into a very fine young man. You have much to offer to yourself and to this world. Persevere, you have your whole life ahead of you. Grab it and don't look back.
P.S. Making good decisions requires experience. Experience comes from making poor decisions.
Post a Comment