I haven't abandoned my blog, I promise. I just feel sometimes like there's not really anything to write about. I'm still waiting for Caruso's jaw to heal. We took him back to the vet about 2 weeks ago to take some more x-rays and they saw that it was healing but it still has a ways to go. We're taking him back in 3 weeks. I am staying positive, and Lord knows Caruso is having the time of his life. I ride him around in a halter and mess around. It's been fun, a real change of pace from all the stress that comes with the day to day struggles of training and not knowing what you're doing wrong or how to fix it....just riding. just enjoying. just living. no stress.
just waiting....
I saw this on my friend Jen's blog today and have since watched it several times:
http://www.ted.com/talks/jk_rowling_the_fringe_benefits_of_failure.html
There is such a profoundness about her speech and throughout all her books that is so refreshing. I think I should read those books again. I often wonder if certain people are born with that kind of wisdom, or if wisdom is simply learned. hmm.
This speech is quite powerful. It makes me think about many things. I think about how we define our own failures and should not let the world define them. How setbacks and lessons and hardships aren't really failures at all but are all layers and pieces of the person who we could be, will be. And perhaps the person who we will be would not be wise if we had not had those set backs. And bottom line, it's okay to "fail". I am aloud to fail and therefore I am free.
I also love what she said about how empathy is a wonderful gift; to imagine a circumstance without having lived through it. How often am I apathetic to the world around me- the great big world outside of my bubble that often times I never know truly exists. Life isn't always about you Andy. I must continue to hope and push and reach for my goals, but do so with open eyes and an open mind.
And I must breathe some days, loosen up a bit, and take life as it comes at me. Take it and revel in it.
1 comment:
yes. i love your analogy on failure. thank you. i am glad you enjoyed the speech
Post a Comment