Sunday, December 14, 2008

I realized just yesterday how soon Christmas is and how soon I get to go home! I leave a week from tomorrow and I couldn't be more thrilled about it. There are so many people I miss and I can't wait to see them all.

It is official. I am going to my president's inauguration in January. The Tempel Lipizzans were invited to be in the inaugural parade and, while I won't be riding in it, I will walk along side them. I can't even begin to describe what an honor it is to be in the parade, much less even go. It won't be easy traveling and managing 4 stallions in that environment, the stables are almost 2 hours away and security alone is going to be a mess, but it will be so worth it. I think I just might cry. 

Again, I can't wait to see you all.

1 comment:

tphil said...

Even walking along side the Lipizzans will be a thrill and the experience of a lifetime. You'll see so much. Soak it all in. See you in less than a week!