We leave for the inauguration in 3 days. Today we spent the whole day organizing things and packing for our trip. I feel a little better now that we've started that process. It's becoming a little more real that this is actually going to happen. I am beyond excited but at the moment I am a little more stressed and anxious about the whole thing. Once the parade is over I will feel the honor and pride and thrill of it all- until then, I am going to be a ball of stress. We are scheduled to leave Sunday evening at 10 PM, weather permitting. We are driving all night and should reach D.C. late Monday afternoon where we will get the horses settled in and exercised etc. We are renting a house to stay in for the night that is near the barn. We are required to be at the barn at 4:30 AM Tuesday morning. From then we should load up the horses and take them to the parade grounds by 9/9:30, which I can only assume is a big parking lot. There we must tack our horses up/ be ready to go as the trailers will be required to leave ASAP. Then we wait. and wait. The parade starts at 2:30 and is expected to be about a half an hour long. Then we load up and head home. There are a lot of things I am stressed about. First, we are expected to have snow all day Sunday. Pray that we can make it out okay. Secondly, I am determined not to forget anything but there is always a doubt. Thirdly, that trailering goes smoothly/ the horses are unharmed. Then, while waiting for the parade that the horses behave. They are 4 stallions mind you. I hope we don't have any trouble with the tack that morning. I hope we can keep these horses white even though it'll be cold. I hope they behave during the parade even though we are in between 2 marching bands. If something happens they have to be tranquilized on the spot- as in PUT DOWN. They aren't my favorite horses, but I still love them. Oy....Dear Jesus in heaven......make it all okay and give us all peace of mind.
P.S. If the camera is on me I hope I don't trip and fall.
3 comments:
OMG! You guys are the Temple Lippizans? I didn't realize that. Good luck in DC! I'll be lookin' for you. I cannot count on all toes and fingers how many times I've been past there. WOW! Cool!
you dont have any idea of what time you will be on do you? ill be at work, but im allowed to go watch some...ill look for you!
p.s. marty's mom is going to the ball! lucky!
if it helps laura, the parade starts at 2:30 and I think we are halfway through. It's supposed to be 30 minutes I think.
Post a Comment