Monday, January 5, 2009

I am determined to update my blog more this year- I swear on my unborn children's life. 

Just thought I'd let you in on how unbelievably awesome my job is. Did you pick up the sarcasm? Should I point it out to you ever time I'm sarcastic? I don't want to confuse anyone :) 

So we get a call today at about 4:30- just when our day at the barn starts winding down. It's from the office saying that the channel 7 ABC News would like to do a story on how the Tempel Lipizzans are going to be in the inaugural parade and could we throw something together that they can film for the evening news and could they take a couple interviews. tonight. They'll be there around 5:30. Sure, we all said with a smile!! (sarcasm) We had to get 3 horses ready to be ridden, make sure the yellow horses were white, coordinate outfits so we all looked put together, set up the arena with pillars and flags to make it look official, lunge the horse that hasn't been ridden in a couple weeks, make sure everything was clean and tidy looking, all so that the news crew could get there and start shooting. Crazy how much you can get done on adrenaline. It went pretty well. We rode the Pas de Trois so they could get it on tape, they did a couple brief interviews, and they got some shots of the horses in the stable. That was it, 2 hours from when they called and they were wrapping up. We cleaned up and finished our 13 hour day. 

I just watched the evening news.....

40 seconds of interviews and voice overs with 5 seconds of ONE of the THREE horses being ridden.....

the things we do...

Oh man. I just have to laugh it off, because, lets be honest, I really do love my job. What other barn would deal with this stuff on a semi- regular basis? 

P.S. I hate the stupid news :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Andy, I'm so impressed about you writing in your blog more often. I guess Tempel Farms is in the spotlight for the next few weeks. BTW Which news station came out? Maybe I can see your few moments of fame online.

Andy said...

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6586725

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to meet your unborn children. the other day at youth group i was talking to a parent and said in passing " i swear ". i meant it to be sorta comforting to this man, a way of letting him know i thought it was rough. we'll he said "you shouldn't swear". now, i want to swear on everything. i'll show him.

jess said...

so cool! you're on the news. you are famous. :) i'm sending the link to my mother now.