Lets see. Last week I flew to my sister's house for easter to see my family. I got there. eventually. But, as it turns out, my trip was WAAY too short. Traveling is exhausting.
This week has been so tiring. Granted, it's only Wednesday but everyday thus far I've been at the barn for 11 hours or more. There is always so much to get done. We've started breeding season and so we have mares to breed and stallions to collect. I've been helping with that and it's going pretty well so far. It takes quite a bit of time setting up, collecting semen, doing the lab work, cleaning up, etc. It's interesting, not that I'd ever want to do this for a profession, but it's good to know.
We have 4 babies on the ground as of yet, 2 fillies and 2 colts. We have 4 more due before July. They are sooo precious. I've never really worked around such young horses but they are adorable. I just want so bad to fast forward 5 years and see what they are going to be like when they mature. I just can't get over how little they are. Their heads are the size of my shoe.
We're getting another working student at the end of the month which is exciting. We are kind of lacking in the help department. There is just so much to get done and not enough people to do it all. I've been riding more horses, which has been great. Anytime I can ride more I am happier. Caruso's still trucking along. Jochen's been riding his changes and for the most part they are better. I still can't get them but, hey, at least Jochen is having some success....
Im still here...
1 comment:
can you please post pictures of the babes. i need to see small horses to keep going...
Post a Comment