Monday, May 18, 2009

Hello dear friends.

The past 2 weeks I've been grooming at some horse shows for Sarah and Jochen. Last week we were at a show at Silverwood where we took 8 horses. Pretty cool. Me and my frined Andi were running around like mad crazy and stressing out, but really, deep down, horse shows are a blast. Jochen rode a clients horse in the Prix St George and I1 and got a 78% and a 74%. Nuts. His wife rode her Lipizzan stallion at Prix St. George and got a 67% and a 73%. Jochen rode a Lucitano Stallion at I2 and got a 71%, another at 3rd 3 and got a 72%. Maybe the scores were a little high, but, good God, thats pretty successful if you ask me.

This past weekend we were at Lamplight equestrian center at a big CDI. We took 5 horses. Courtney King was there on a super Andalusian stallion. She won the Prix St. George and the Intermediaire 1 CDI. She is just great. Jochen was 2nd and his wife 4th in the Prix St George CDI, and his wife was 2nd and Jochen was 3rd in the I1. That was the highest a lipizzan has ever placed in a CDI. Pretty cool.

Grooming is great and stressful and exhausting and I really love it. However, when I go to these shows there is just this fire inside of me that wants so badly to show myself. It's like being in class and I just can't sit still, only you're in school and sitting still is exactly what you're supposed to do. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, simply, I want to show. really bad. I haven't really shown consistently since I was in Houston. I showed last year at the Tempel show but it was sort of a disaster. I'm not showing at the Tempel show this year. At this point I don't want to do 3rd level again. I don't really want to show again until I'm ready, like, until I can do a clean flying change. whenever that is. So, until then I can only dream, which isn't so bad. I'm pretty damn successful in my dreams.

So, Caruso has started back to work and we are now able to go on nice long trail rides almost daily. I come home this Thursday night to Houston and leave on Monday. The Tempel show is the weekend after that. Caruso turns 11 on Saturday and I turn 20 on Monday. Pretty nuts.

So. That's my life.

P.S. Things I have learned from grooming. I am NEVER owning a white horse nor am I ever owning a stallion. God help me if I ever own a white stallion..

1 comment:

Jen said...

come back already.