my blogs always sound so depressing....oh well....get ready for another one.
I don't know what to do anymore. I'm burnt out. exhausted. spent. drained...
I don't want to be here really. I'm sick of the lipizzans, sick of the performances, and sick of being a slave for people. Most of all, I'm sick of waiting for Caruso and I to get better.
I've said it before, I've sort of accepted the fact that we won't really get anywhere, but, for whatever reason, every time I ride him it shocks me a little just how far we haven't come. It's like I hope that every time I get on him things will magically change. Trainers have never been an issue- they've all told me the same thing while, at the same time, telling me one day we'll just get it. One day.....3 years later....not much better....I've been really hard on him, sometimes too hard. I've been really easy on him, sometimes too easy. I take ridiculous care of him. He's never really had any lameness problems. There are no excuses. I'm tired of making excuses for why we aren't better than we are. I feel like I've put so much effort, passion, and pain into this and it's gotten me no where. Should I have even bought him in the first place?? I don't know. There's no one to blame for it. It's just the way it is.
I'm not stupid. I know I'm learning a lot from this. It doesn't make it any easier.
I can take the mental, physical, and emotional abuse when there's something in it that brings me joy. I'm here to improve on Caruso. It's not happening. I walk into the barn and I feel a world of stress on my shoulders and my head begins to ache no matter what mood I'm in. I sort of feel like Caruso and I need to improve or I need to leave and get out of this place. Get out and move on.
What does that even mean?
I'd probably email Steffen Peters to see if he takes working students. Most likely he'll say no and I'll happily move back to Texas. But what do I do with Caruso? I can't afford to buy another without selling Caruso and it sucks because I know for a fact we couldn't sell Caruso for anything close to what we payed for him.....who would want to buy him for anything other than a pet?
I don't know that I've ever been more frustrated or discouraged in all my life......never ever ever. It's like all the stress finally caught up to me no matter how hard I've been trying to push it away. It just hit me and I can't push it back this time.
I don't need you to feel sorry for me or take pity on me. It will work out......some how...
one day........
..............................
4 comments:
Andy...
This is my first time to your blog. I take it that you ride in these performances. Have you been doing it for a long time? If you did not have the ability, you would not be doing it. And the way you feel about it now is going straight through to your horse. Sounds like you are feeding off each other. I could not find a profile on you....is Chicago your home base? Do you travel all over the place? Don't give up. My classical dressage instructor (years ago), studied with Nuno Olivera in Portugal. That was some kind of riding. Do you know of Bettina Drummond?
Andy,
sounds like it is time to make a decision about your life and then do it. The more you sit around and worry about it the more uncomfortable you will get. Life tends to push us forward by making us terribly uncomfortable where we are.
perseverance strength joy passion compassion thankfulness surrender christ. may these be yours.
Andy Andy, you really need to stop watching Steffen's videos they are making you doubt yourself. Of course, I have a very nice Hanoverian I would trade for Caruso :)!!! Just kidding, you are most likely being way too hard on yourself. Just remember you are loved in Houston.
Post a Comment