Thursday, July 9, 2009

One day, my friend, we'll do it all
and the problems we have will seem so small
we will not falter, but we will fight
and we'll show them all that we were right
so what if it takes us quite a while
when we get it we'll just have to laugh and smile
'cause our hard work won't have been in vain
and the rewards will be worth the years of pain
we'll be the best, I can guarantee
one day, my friend, just you wait and see
good things take time, wouldn't you say?
we won't be great tomorrow, but we will someday
I mean, if we suffer enough, it will work out
surely, I mean, without a doubt
it might not be perfect, but it won't be so bad
I mean, as long as we get better, we shouldn't be sad
you think we'll at least improve a little, don't you?
certainly, of course, I mean, I used to
If you don't have it in you, can we at least try?
or would you rather stop to eat grass as time passes by
dreams are great, but not at your expense
one day, my friend, this will all make sense

3 comments:

Claire said...

Andy, my favorite part is the last two lines. It really resonates with me. I can't say I've been where you are, but I know what it's like to see my life go in a direction I didn't want to go. Life moves fast, don't blink. ;)

Anonymous said...

You write so expressively about your inner turmoil. And I think writing is the best thing you can do. If we don't get it out on paper or on the screen, our tumultuous thoughts play havoc with us; getting them out where we can read them out loud, reflect on them, share them, this takes a potentially negative power and transforms it into something positive.

Take heart! "We do not know what we ought to pray, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." (Romans 8:26-27) God is using this time to build your character and hope for the future. And it is all for your health and life, and His glory. (even though it ain't easy sometimes) --Dad

Jen said...

it was as if you were talking directly to me...
you are getting weaker by the day, and He is getting stronger. may it be so.